Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter Snow Storm - December 26 & 27, 2010


We had our first snow storm of the season.  As most of you across the country are aware the Northeast region of the U.S. encountered a blizzard that started yesterday morning, 12/26 and lasted through this morning, 12/27.  We here in Long Island received about 16 inches.

My office was closed today and I worked from home, but I managed to take some photos and help my husband clean up a bit (well he did the hard work, I just cleaned off my car).  The photos below start with yesterday afternoon when my husband decided to shovel at 4pm and then again at 8pm.  Today he snow plowed and shoveled for most of the day as he not only does our property, but he also lends a hand to our neighbors that do not have snow blowers.  Our property is small, but it is a corner property so Charlie has a lot to cover.


View from my front porch and walkway at 4:00pm on Sunday, 12/26.
This is the first time Charlie was out to clean up the snow.



View of my front door at 7:00am this morning.
   I tried to open the door to let the dog out, but he wasn't going anywhere. 
I couldn't get the door open more than two inches.

This is a view from the corner of my street. 
You can see Charlie plowing our driveway on the right.



This is my house all covered with snow.



Enjoy the rest of your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment